Monday, October 26, 2009

Flawed is the new perfect

This was the running theme during a conference I attended with my beloved this past weekend. Brings to mind a book title "Everyone is Perfect Until You Get to Know Them". Getting to know someone means exposing ourselves. Eeeck! It's safe keeping people at a distance. God did not call us to a safe life. He called us to get out of the boat and go make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. I can't do that, if I keep a safe distance so no one can see my flaws, neither can you. I think this is called God-confidence. We may not have confidence in our abilities, our looks, our anything, but we can have complete total confidence in our Lord and Savior who dwells inside of us. Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. Fearless. That is what I want to be. Fearless.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great conference and I walked away thanking Him for the small groups I am in. The groups are growing so much in depth and their genuine love for each other, they share what is going on in their lives and what they are stuggling with or the praises they have. For anyone reading this, if you church has small groups/home groups and you are not a part of those - try them out. What a blessing they are! I was very wary at first - I grew up with Sunday School and missions groups not meeting at peoples homes. What a refreshing change that enables us to really live our faith!

    Be real - be flawed!

    Lorah

    ReplyDelete