Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Rules

This morning proved to be frustrating in more ways that I could really go into detail in fear of losing your attention, as well as mine. In summation, the littlest dog and newest addition to the family decided he couldn't wait for me to get out of the shower to do his business. Frustration number one. Followed by thick soupy fog for complicated weather conditions. Frustration number two. Topped off with distracting conversation with my 5 year old about her dog and our plan of 'attack' to break a poor habit of messing in the house that led to a near wreck in the fog. Frustration number three. Where this brings us is my 7 year old, nearly 8, reaching up from behind my car seat, rubbing my shoulders and says its 'its ok mom, its not your fault'. Unfortunately, I had to correct her and inform her that it was my fault. Driving rules exist for our safety and I failed to heed to one in particular that came close to really frustrating and complicating the morning beyond recognition.
Isn't that the purpose of God's rules and our submission to Him? To protect us and keep us safe from oncoming harm that we can't always see?
Psalm 91:1-16

No comments:

Post a Comment