Thursday, March 19, 2009

She Speaks Conference

Well, I am doing the one thing of many techno things I never imagined myself doing. Blogging...my own blog that is. I have read other blogs and thought to myself, why would I want to share so much on the internet? What happened to personal, face to face conversations? Well, I read Proverbs31 devotions daily. They have some great writers. Lysa Terkeurst is one of my favorite writers. Anyway, I read today on the website about scholarships available for this years "She Speaks Conference" ..following that to her blog, I find I have to have a blog in order to enter this scholarship contest. Go figure. Anti-techno girl improvising, adapting and overcoming.

I wanted to attend this conference last year. Being a wife, mom and at that time a ladies bible study facilitator for nearly six years, that desire just never made it to the top of the list of things to be done last year. Now, God has led me out of that of bible study facilitator to women's ministry 'facilitator'. So, now I find some additional teaching, coaching, training, is needed to move on and grow that which God has brought together. I have prayed for a mentor. A few possiblities have come and the equal desire is not evident or it's not God's timing. "She Speaks Conference" is coming this year and I began wondering ...could this be the vehicle in which God will use to infuse me with new ideas, to discover a gifting that I can't see because I am blinded by my own misbeliefs, could this possibly be a chance to unlock those dreams that I have stuffed aside not believing that those dreams could be mine?

You see the "She Speaks Conference" takes that desire of a wanna be/maybe I could be speaker, writer, and those women's ministry leaders and encourages them to perservere, encourages them to grow, equips them with a great cloud of witnesses to run the race throwing off that which hinders them to live the life that Christ came to give abundantly and to share it! Ladies walk away equipped and sure of their gifts and their abilities as a writer, speaker or women's ministry leader. I need that. I need to see the equipping that God has given me or else He wouldn't have spoken to me and formulated Heart2Heart Women's Ministry at our church. He wouldn't have pulled together this great group of ladies to fulfill the calling of ministering to the ladies of our church and reaching out to the community. I need that encouragement.

So here I go! The rest is up to God.

http://www.shespeaksconference.com/

http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Well I'm very proud of you for setting up a blog! We have shared our feelings about blogs, facebook, myspace, etc... but kudos to you for not letting the requirement to set up your own blog slow you down on the road to a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! The Heart2Heart Women's Ministry sounds lovely. I've been blogging irregularly for about a year. LOVE IT! I was a little apprehensive, too, about putting it all out there. Especially since I was able to do quite a bit of research on the internet about other people. :) But what a great outlet, great way to meet similar minded folks, and a great ministry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,
    Blessings on your being able to attend the conference and upon your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that you started a blog because of this...welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I think some people can get that "whew" feeling from blogging just like you would get after confiding in a good friend, venting to someone, sharing your thoughts on an important subject with your other half, counseling, etc. As long as we keep those other relationships and actions and do not rely on blogging to express our feelings then I feel it is a great outlet! I am proud of you! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bloggin is so much fun and a great way to meet other great women of God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on taking a huge leap of faith and starting a blog so could enter! I've been amazed at the wonderful women I have met in the blogging world. Praying for your dreams for ministry & good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had to tell you that you were my inspiration to enter the contest. I thought to myself, "I can't just set up a blog to enter the contest." Then, I read your entry. I thought, "Well, if she did it, maybe I can too." The thing is I set up a blog about 3 months ago, but never posted anything on it. So, anyway, glad I took the leap of faith. Glad you did too! May the Lord continue to bless you and your ministry!
    P.S. Way to go at being the first to enter too!!!

    ReplyDelete